Leather is beautiful and very durable, and it will do things other materials wonít. It makes seats look great, but more importantly, they are much more
comfortable in the extreme temperatures of winter and summer. No other material would perform this function as well as leather, because of its strength, durability,
When shopping for upholstery services, who you choose to perform the work is the most important factor in determining the quality of the finished product.
Knowing how the seat is constructed, what materials are commonly used, and customary upholstery practices and procedures will be helpful in selecting the right
business to do the work for you.
1. A new cover had been put on this seat to put a pretty face on an ugly situation. Even though
from the outside it looked okay, the insides were worn-out.
2. The back of the seat is still the original plastic showing the ravages of time and regular use.
3. With the seat cover removed you can see the original foam, collapsed and deteriorated.
4. The support has worn through. It wouldnít have been long before the springs had worn through the foam, and
the seat cover too!<!--#include virtual="footer.html"-->
5. With all of the old materials removed itís time to inspect the frame.
Now is the time to do any necessary repairs. There's no sense in re-covering a
6. The rebuilding process begins with the new support stretched tightly across the frame.
7. New foam will provide excellent support and comfort. Foam is manufactured in a wide variety of densities and firmness. The "density" of a foam is a measure of its
quality, not its firmness. You want the one thatís just right. A soft foam will not provide good support. Even after a short flight, a seat thatís too soft will leave
you fatigued. Itís usually better to err on the side of too firm. Note the modest side bolsters and lumbar support.
8. The back of the seat is no longer a separate piece of plastic. The seat back and pocket are integrated into the seat cover.
9. The new seat cover provides the finishing touch. The seat is ready to fly.